Guest speakers will minister on the 2nd Thursday of the month quarterly in 2020 January 9 / April 9 / July 9 / October 8 Community outreach activities in February and March All
Guest speakers will minister on the 2nd Thursday of the month quarterly in 2020
January 9 / April 9 / July 9 / October 8
Community outreach activities in February and March
All are welcome- bring your friends!
Info: Jen Rieman 419-979-8070
January 9 (Thursday) 7:00 pm - October 8 (Thursday) 9:00 pm
Teens for Christ Building
2701 Allentown Rd, Lima
We offer K readiness program and are state licensed. Our fall program begins Sept. 8, 2020. We have both 3 & 4 year old classes. (children must be 3 or 4
We offer K readiness program and are state licensed. Our fall program begins Sept. 8, 2020.
We have both 3 & 4 year old classes. (children must be 3 or 4 before 9/8/2020)
Classes meet each Tues/Wed/Thurs from 9:15-11:15am
Registration is $30 and monthly tuition is $65.
Info: 419-224-2597 or 419-224-2668
February 24 (Monday) 1:00 am - August 31 (Monday) 1:00 am
Westside UMC 604 Gloria Ave, Lima
open 11am-12pm every 4th Wednesday of the month Please bring ID Church office: 419-225-8871
open 11am-12pm every 4th Wednesday of the month
Please bring ID
Church office: 419-225-8871
March 25 (Wednesday) 11:00 am - October 28 (Wednesday) 12:00 pm
In Faith Ministires, 1575 E High Street, Lima
The staff of Bluffton Public Library are excited to announce the library’s Summer Program “Imagine Your Story,” beginning June 15 and ending on August 15, 2020. June 15th will also
The staff of Bluffton Public Library are excited to announce the library’s Summer Program “Imagine Your Story,” beginning June 15 and ending on August 15, 2020. June 15th will also mark the launch of the library’s first digital Summer Reading Challenge utilizing the software and app, “Beanstack.” Starting on our library’s website, patrons may utilize Beanstack to register online, track their reading, and earn prizes along the way! The library will also continue to offer events, programs, and services online and through pickup services to provide support, education, and entertainment for community members of all ages.
Summer Reading Challenge goes digital
Beanstack is a software that helps you and/or your family discover books, keep track of your reading, and reach reading goals — and as usual, reaching those reading goals means you will be rewarded for your hard work! (Yes, the library has prizes!) Thousands of libraries and schools utilize Beanstack for their reading programs, and Bluffton Public Library staff are excited about their first online Summer Reading Challenge.
To read more about Beanstack, visit our webpage at blufftonpubliclibrary.org/summerprogram. To visit the library’s Beanstack page directly, visit blufftonpubliclibrary.beanstack.org. Registration for the Summer Reading Challenge opens June 15, 2020, and may be completed on the library’s Beanstack page or by calling the library at 419-358-5016.
Those unable to access the digital version of the Summer Reading Challenge may participate in the
Summer Reading Challenge as library staff accommodate in these ways:
- Paper forms are available at the lobby in the Village Office starting June 15.
- Request to pick-up paper forms at the library using our Curbside Pickup service.
- Request a mailed or emailed form by calling the library or emailing
- Print out a form from our website: www.blufftonpubliclibrary.org
- Paper forms, once completed, may be turned in via the outdoor bookdrop.
Events and programs
The following events and programs are offered online utilizing the program speaker’s online software of choice. Read the description for each to learn how you can attend from your device of
choice from home or wherever you are! Please note: July and August events and programs are still to be announced.
- Healthy Living for Your Brain & Body: Tips from the Latest Research:
As part of Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, the Alzheimer’s Association, Northwest Ohio Chapter will collaborate with the library in the effort to increase awareness and provide resources to those that may need help.
Check library social media for upcoming classes through the Alzheimer’s Association. This free virtual education session about the brain was recorded using BlueJeans software and after its upload on June 15, patrons may access it at any time from the library’s website and Facebook.
- Fireflies – presented by Dan Hodges, Naturalist at Johnny Appleseed Metro Park
This virtual program in collaboration with the Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District is open to all ages and will take place on Tues, June 23 at 6:00 p.m. The presentation will last approximately 45 minutes via the Zoom software, with time for questions following.
To register for this digital event, RSVP on the Facebook Event page or by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19 and receive the Zoom link and information on how to join. Please do not publicly share the link. Thank you!
- The Quarry Farm and Bluffton Public Library present “Quarry Farm Fridays”:
Most Fridays through the summer, patrons are invited to watch a fun video featuring the Animal of the Week on Facebook Live at 10:00 a.m. Those who attend live may ask questions via the Facebook chat, but those who are unable to attend may still view the video later in the day when it is posted on both organizations’ Facebook pages and websites. See our flyer to see each animal of the week!
Once the video goes live, there will be themed Animal Book Bundles available. Read more about book bundles below.
- The Noon Book Discussion group will meet virtually via Zoom on Wed., July 1 at noon to discuss The Good Neighbor: The Life & Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King. This monthly discussion group is open to new members, and registration is required by June 30. Register by emailing email@example.com.
Because interlibrary loan is currently unavailable, we are unable to offer multiple hard copies of this book. In the meantime, this title is currently listed as “Always Available” as an audiobook on the Overdrive and Libby apps through the library catalog. Check it out there with your library card and listen from your laptop, phone or tablet!
The next book club meeting is Wed., August 5, and the title is pending. Email asc@blufftonpubliclibrary to be added to our Noon Book Group Discussion email list.
- BookTalk Tuesday- for teens!: Follow the library on Instagram @blufftonpubliclibrary and join the live stream on Tues., June 16 at 2 p.m. Librarians will be on Instagram
Live to talk about the newest young adult book titles, provide suggested reads, and answer questions about teen programs and materials
- New at the Library: On Mondays, June 22 and June 29 at 12 p.m., join library staff as they discuss new materials added to the library, talk about reserving book bundles, and answer your questions! You can watch live on the library’s YouTube channel.
- Teens interested in helping the library through making reading lists, writing reviews, and suggesting materials and programs should join the staff for a Virtual Teen Advisory Group meeting on Thurs., June 25 at 2 p.m. This will be a friendly discussion about how the library can help support the area teens! To register, please email
- Sign up for the library’s first ever Virtual Game Night! Play a friendly game of “CodeNames” on Tues., June 30 at 6 p.m. This program is open to families with older children, teens, and adults. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask A Librarian: Our staff are available to help anyone needing assistance accessing our resources online. Please take advantage of our live #askalibrarian chats on social media: on Wednesdays from 12-2 p.m. on our Instagram, on Thursdays from 12-2 p.m. on our Twitter, and on Fridays from 12-2 p.m. on Facebook. Patrons may also ask research questions or for book recommendations.
“Take & Make” Kits and Book Bundles
Throughout designated weeks of the Summer Program, “Take & Make” Kits and Book Bundles will be curated and gathered by library staff and made available for patrons while supplies last. Pickup of these kits and bundles may be scheduled using the library’s Curbside Pickup webpage at blufftonpubliclibrary.org/pickup or by calling the library.
- “Take & Make Kits for Grades K-5: The library will have weekly themed “Take and
Make” craft kits available for pickup starting June 23rd and continuing through
August 15. Children will create a Unicorn Kite, a Story Fan, a Magic Wand, and more! These activities are for children going into grades K-5. See our flyer for each week’s theme.
- Storytime Book Bundles: To make sure you don’t miss out on Storytime fun, library staff have created a number of special themed Storytime book bundles. Available from June 15th. A full list of themes can be found on our website. Each bundle contains 3 books and a guidance card with songs and fingerplays. Storytime is for children ages 3-5.
- Quarry Farm Fridays & Animal Book Bundles: As part of Quarry Farm Fridays, the library will make themed Animal Book Bundles available each week after the video goes live! Sneak peak: June 19 features Sophie the Pot Bellied Pig, and June 26 features Quinn the Fox!
- Display Book Bundles? Do you miss browsing displays? Good news! We’ve created some display book bundles, based on what would have been displayed during this month. You can either request a pre-made bundle or “build your own” from one of our reading lists!
- Thoughtful Conversations: Racism: This ongoing series will focus on parts of the library’s collection to help support your conversations at home and with others. Upcoming topics will include: Pride Month, Fear & Anxiety, Mental Health, and Grief. For a book list, please visit: blufftonpubliclibrary.org/thoughtful-conversations-series .
Pre-made book bundles may be requested for pickup. A community that supports and respects each other creates citizens who inspire and support each other.
Library materials services continue
The library continues to offer Curbside Pickup service and the 24/7 outdoor book drop for returning items. All pickups must be set up in advance via our website, and appointments are not confirmed until you receive communication via phone call or email. For more information, or to place holds on library materials, visit blufftonpubliclibrary.org/pickup or call the library during curbside open hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Public Services Coordinator / Bluffton Public Library
419-358-5016 / email@example.com
June 15 (Monday) 1:00 am - August 15 (Saturday) 1:00 am
In these unprecedented times, communities are looking to organizations like The Salvation Army for help, support and hope. To continue our work and mission, we are moving forward with our
In these unprecedented times, communities are looking to organizations like The Salvation Army for help, support and hope. To continue our work and mission, we are moving forward with our Christmas in July Kettle Campaign. We know it will be different than any other year, and we will make every effort to comply with social distancing requirements including the wearing of masks and gloves by volunteers.
Donations over the summer generally see a decline, we also anticipate a greater need as we navigate through the current struggles throughout our community and around the nation. Therefore,
The Salvation Army will be at various locations throughout Allen County working the Red Kettle to raise funds to help meet that need.
This year we kick-off the Campaign July 9 with our friends from WTGN who will be serving hot dogs and chips, until supplies run out.
The Christmas in July Campaign runs July 9 through July 31, 2020 at all Chief and Kewpee locations. Opportunities for caring individuals, local businesses, organizations, and churches, to volunteer their time to “ring the bell” at one of the kettles are available Monday through Saturday from 11 am – 7pm.
For more information on opportunities at the Kettle, or to schedule a time and location to “ring the bell,” contact Paul Downing at 419.224.9055 ext. 211.
July 9 (Thursday) 11:00 am - August 31 (Monday) 7:00 pm
Concepts of Truth International’s Small Group: •A safe and confidential setting •Interventions
Concepts of Truth International’s Small Group:
•A safe and confidential setting
•Interventions to process the grief after abortion
•Facilitated by those who have experienced the pain
•A weekend of hope and healing!
Registration includes food and lodging and is based on sliding scale fee. Registration Closing Date: June 26, 2020.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7 (Friday) 3:00 pm - 9 (Sunday) 4:00 pm
Open to all vehicles and cycles- over 30 trophies! (best of show motorcycle, best of show 1949 and older, best of show 1950-2000, best of show late model, top 30,
Open to all vehicles and cycles- over 30 trophies! (best of show motorcycle, best of show 1949 and older, best of show 1950-2000, best of show late model, top 30, burnout contest, kid’s choice and many raffle items)
Spectators: FREE admission
Pete’s ice cream,hot dogs, entertainment, family fun
Info: Jennifer email@example.com
(Friday) 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tom Ahl Family of Dealiships
2525 Allentown Rd
Bring the family out and enjoy a great time outside! There will be kids games (brought to you by ELEVATE Children's Outreach), live bands and awesome BBQ! A portion of this
Bring the family out and enjoy a great time outside! There will be kids games (brought to you by ELEVATE Children’s Outreach), live bands and awesome BBQ!
A portion of this proceeds from this event will be donated to “Hunters with Heroes” Veteran Support.
Sponsored by Fat Kid BBQ and Lima First Church of the Nazarene
If you want to enter the competition: sign up deadline is July 25th. Sign up fee is $40 per 2 person team. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and people’s choice.
To register a team or for more information contact: Daniel @ Fat Kid BBQ 419-371-5371 or Doug @ Lima 1st Nazarene 419-516-9179
(Saturday) 2:00 pm
Lima First Nazarene Church
300 W. Elm St., Lima, OH
(Thursday) 7:30 pm
Allen County War Memorial (Parking Lot) Fort Wayne, IN
Chris Baldwin, Arnold Coy, Jake Reel, Randy Long, HeartSong Bring your lawn chair Love offering will be taken up for the singers Info: Dana Walters 419-233-4476 If inclement weather, sing will be at Ada
Chris Baldwin, Arnold Coy, Jake Reel, Randy Long, HeartSong
Bring your lawn chair
Love offering will be taken up for the singers
Info: Dana Walters 419-233-4476
If inclement weather, sing will be at Ada Church of Christ Disciples 316 S. Main St, Ada
(Saturday) 3:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Ada War Memorial Park- Band Shell 401 N. Park Dr, Ada
Do you have an event for the TV-44 Events calendar?
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of event
- Date of event
- Event Location
- Start time
- End time (if applicable)
- Contact phone/email.
- Event description.
Submission deadline: at least 3 weeks prior to the event date.