This is a repeating eventfebruary 24, 2018 8:00 am
In February, the Habitat ReStore in Lima is needing to move all their showroom inventory to another location, because they are getting their floor refurbished. A week later the inventory
In February, the Habitat ReStore in Lima is needing to move all their showroom inventory to another location, because they are getting their floor refurbished. A week later the inventory will need to be moved back. To make this move possible, there is a need for about 50 people each morning and 50 people each afternoon. We could use lots of help on either Saturday, February 17 or 24.
Volunteers will be put into groups to box, move, or return ReStore items from the showroom floor to storage or vice versa. The volunteers can work from 8am-12 noon or 1-5pm or both. Lunch will be provided for all morning and afternoon workers, 30 minutes before or after their session.
Benefits for this project include:
1. The newly refurbished floor will offer a better sales experience for the ReStore customers, thus offering the benefit of raising more support toward the efforts of building houses for those in need.
2. The new floor will provide a safer surface for walking and the moving of large items.
3. The project will offer a way for volunteers to give back to the community by enhancing the ability to raise funds to help those in need of good housing
4. Volunteers will meet new people
5. Volunteers will build teamwork with various groups within the workplace
6. Volunteers will make connections with a local non-profit We are also working with Lima area companies, churches and groups to help supply volunteers and to offer in-kind donations, such as food to feed the volunteers and supplies to make this project run more efficiently and keep costs down.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
550 W Elm St
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
february 24, 2018 8:00 am